Tuesday, January 7, 2014

12 days from check-in!

I cannot believe that so much time has passed since my last entry and that I'm less than two weeks away from checking-in to my program! Time went by so much faster than I thought it would. The past couple of months have been incredibly busy, but in a way I'm happy that there were so many distractions, because it made time go by faster.

November was rather uneventful after my birthday. Adam and I went and saw Frozen Thanksgiving day. Clearly I loved it, though I don't believe it lives up to "the best film since the Lion King" title that it's been given. I worked close to 40 hours Thanksgiving week because of Black Friday (including a dreadful 7pm-4am shift). My dad, Adam, and I also moved the weekend following Thanksgiving, which added even more chaos into the mix.

I took all of my finals the first week of December. It was a relief to not have to worry about assignments anymore, because I had more free time to focus on DCP related excitement. I continued working almost 40 hours a week through the end of December. Adam and I saw Saving Mr. Banks opening weekend and I cried so many times during it. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to help continue the legacy of Walt Disney. This program is everything that I've ever wanted and all of those emotions hit me during the film.

My last day at work was the Sunday before Christmas. I've spent the past year and a half at SuperTarget Starbucks, so it was weird to say goodbye for good, but needless to say I was thrilled about it. I did lots of Christmas shopping, because I wanted to try and makeup for all the presents that my mom would have bought if she were still alive. Christmas was such a big deal to her and celebrating it without her was absolutely heartbreaking. I spent the 23rd and 24th with my Grandma and some of my other family members. All of my presents had something to do with Disney or my new apartment (including my new bedding that I adore). Christmas Eve night Adam, my dad, and I went to church. Afterwards, Adam and I made cookies for Santa. My dad got me a new TV, a curling wand, Tangled and This Is Us on DVD and some other miscellaneous things. Adam ordered a really cute scrapbook for me. He and I also cooked dinner and it came out amazing. I was pretty proud of us.

New Year's Eve was spent with our best friend Paige and her family. We played lots of Disney board games and tried our hardest to bring up topics of conversation other than our move. We won't see them again until they come visit us on the program, which Adam and I are both already looking forward to.

This past weekend we went camping near Gainesville with a group of our other friends. It was freezing cold for Florida and it was my first time ever camping. I enjoyed the experience, but I don't think I'm really cut out for camping- unless it's at Fort Wilderness, that is.

My dad is more than ready for Adam and I to move, so we made the decision this weekend that we're going to stay in a cheaper hotel before check-in and leave a few days early. This means that we're now leaving in a week and I feel like there's so much left to do.

Last night I made plans with my best friend since middle school, Kourtney. We're going to go to dinner Friday night and that'll be the last time I see her until she decides to come visit me. It's going to be sad to say goodbye to her, because even though we don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like to, she was my closest friend during my teenage years and knowing that chapter is coming to a close is pretty rough. I made plans with Jalen for this weekend as well.

I still have some last minute shopping to do, though Adam and I did most of our shopping the day after Christmas (there were amazing sales). I just finished filling out DORMS, so all that's left to do with that is printing. My grandma and I are going to get my car fixed and shop tomorrow. My roommates and I have plans to have dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings the night before check-in with their families. All of my packing is done except for my clothes. Everything is all coming together and it's becoming so real. I cannot believe how close I am to meeting all of these amazing people that I've spent countless hours talking to over the past few months. Soon I'll be settled into my apartment, with my three incredible roommates. Jessica and I will have our perfect Little Mermaid themed bathroom all set up. I'll finally know where I'm working. All of my dreams are coming true in less than two weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment