Thursday, January 16, 2014

Orlandooooooo!

Today I kissed my life in West Palm Beach behind and finally made my three hour journey to Orlando! 

The trip here actually went by quite quickly. We couldn't check in to our hotel yet so we spent some time at the Loop, browsing stores and such. We also made a stop at target and then had lunch at chick-fil-a. Orlando chick-fil-a tastes way better than WPB chick-fil-a, just saying.

After lunch I texted Danica and she said she was free until 1:30 when she had to leave for traditions. So, Adam and I headed over to her apartment in Chatham! It was amazing to finally see the complexes in person. I absolutely cannot wait to live in mine. We hung out and talked to Danica, Mariola, & their housemates- Emily and Teresa! It was so exciting to finally meet Mariola after six whole months of talking. A while after we got there Amy and their other housemate Kris got home from Traditions and it was so exciting to meet them as well! They told us all about their check-in process and we just had quite a few fantastic conversations. 

Eventually, after Teresa baked some cookies and Danica changed up her outfit a few times, they all headed out to their traditions. Kris left to go to the park with her parents, leaving Amy, Emily, Adam and I to chat. We talked about character palooza and how we need to go a bunch of times to meet as many rare characters as possible. We talked about our excitement for heritage. Amy and I talked jonas, one direction, ed sheeran, and demi. Also, she's the sweetest because she brought me a playbill from Nick's run in H2$ on Broadway! 

Emily and Amy decided to head over to the Up themed welcome party and invited Adam and me to tag along. We walked over to the field with them but we saw a long line and a security person so we figured they might be checking for IDs and left instead of risking anyone getting in trouble. Amy texted me later and informed me that we totally could have stayed, they never checked IDs. Ugh, why am I always so cautious?

Adam and I came to our hotel and checked in. We relaxed for a bit and then ordered pizza and we're spending the night just hanging out in the room.

Words can't describe how ecstatic I am to be here and how ready I am to begin this journey. I can already tell that this program is one of the biggest blessings I've been given in life. I know I'm going to grow as a person - I'm more social than I've ever been and I just got here, so that's a start. This is the beginning of many changes in my life for the better. 

Only three days 'til check-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment