Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tomorrow's the day!

I can't believe that today is my last day in South Florida. I've spent the majority of my life here and it's so strange to think of starting over again somewhere new, but I couldn't be more excited. So many opportunities and adventures are ahead and I can't wait to get started.

I spent most of last night skyping with Veronica. She and I had never talked just the two of us before (except for when she called to check on some things for DORMS but that hardly counts), so it was really nice to finally have that time to get to know her outside of our usual group conversation settings. Once Cami got home, we made it into a google hangout and all three of us talked for quite a while. It was the most chaotic group chat ever because the computer kept freezing Cami & I and Veronica's microphone didn't work for the entire duration of the conversation, so she mostly communicated through body language. When she had something lengthy to say she typed it in the text box to the side of the screen, but Cami's computer wouldn't let her see that, so I ended up reading all of Veronica's comments for her. Haha. I'm really excited to finally be living with them and Jessica. I feel like we've all known each other for forever at this point.

I'm also really excited because Adam and I are probably meeting up with Amy, Danica, and Mariola for lunch or dinner or something one of the days before check-in! I absolutely can't wait to meet them! Amy's pretty much free until Tuesday she said so we'll hopefully/probably meet up in the parks or something as well. :)

And Kelly also messaged me saying we should meet up if I was going to be in the parks this weekend, so I'm basically meeting all of my favorite people in the next five days, considering breakfast with all of Adam's roommates and my roommates on Monday morning!

I've been pretty much done packing for nearly a week now. Everything is even in my car except my suitcase. I just need to do some last minute laundry and pack up bathroom stuff and I am all set and ready to go.

I'm getting rather nervous about finding out my work location. I saw a merch CP from the facebook group got Wide World of Sports and while I'd still be excited about working in Disney, that's legitimately the last place on Disney property I'd want to work (unless we're counting the Downtown Disney area "not Disney" hotels and cast member exclusive stores). If I get any of the theme parks, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Pop Century, or Port Orleans, you'll probably see me doing cartwheels at check-in. If it's Magic Kingdom, my squeals probably won't be containable.

I'm confident that this program is going to be the best time of my life so far. I just want to get started already.

No comments:

Post a Comment